aveage bulding cost per sq ft

Asked by Coryluis, Point Venture, TX Wed Jul 7, 2010

thinking of bulding a custom home on a lot in point ventura, including the price of a lot

Answers

2
Gina Nyland, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Hi, Coryluis.

First of all, congratulations on considering Point Venture. We have lived and worked in PV for over 10 years. We absolutely love it here. The slogan is true: Every day is a holiday.

Regarding your question, the largest variable in the cost of building in our neighborhood is the terrain of the lot. If the lot is slopped, as most are in Point Venture, the cost of your slab is going to have the biggest impact on your price per square foot. So, it's going to be hard for someone to give you an exact price unless they have experience building in Point Venture. We work with several builders specializing in Point Venture who can take a look at the lot and give you a closer estimate. They have pre-draw plans that are designed to fit the variety of lots out here and offer the best view possible.

If you'd like me to put you in touch with them, please don't hesitate to ask. Just click on my profile and email me. It's always good to get more than one opinion.

I hope this information was helpful.
Gina Nyland
The Nyland Team
Prudential Texas Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.NylandTeam.com
Taylor Hatch, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jul 8, 2010
So many variables on this, I could only give you a range....$110-200 per Sf. I built spec homes that cost me around $155 per sf, when I paid $60,000 for lot. The finish out was travertine and carpet floors, Granite counters, stone and stucco (20-80%) exterior. That would include the builder's fee as well. All homes were built in Lake Travis area.

If you want to discuss further, feel free to contact me. Like I said, so many variables on this it's impossible to narrow it down more than the range I gave you without a lot more information.