asbestos ducting. How much does it cost to replace?

Asked by Pq, 95051 Sun Oct 9, 2011

There is another headache with buying an old house (>70Yrs old). The inspections show that there is asbestos heat ducting system which needs to be replaced and old Zinsco electric panel. Do I need to replace asbestos ducting and/or Zinsco panel? How much would it cost for replacement and do you have any recommendation regarding the contractor(s) for those work. Thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Mon Oct 10, 2011
Pq, You will have to contact an asbestos removal specialist. Here's a good link to start with. Be careful and good luck.
0 votes
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sun Oct 9, 2011
Good Question. Your inspector should tell you if either of those are posing as a health and safety hazard at this time. A Heating Contractor (one resource: Sandium HVAC 894-9072) can quote that for you. As for the Electric Panel talk with a licensed electrician ( 408-241-9956) as another resource.

Make sure that the electric issues don't pose a problem with insuring the home.

Your agent may also have resources for you.

All the best to you.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more