1) Fireplace? 2) Purchased for $539k one year before the RE market hit the peak of its bubble; asking $639k now? What upgrades justify this?

Asked by Mjconnolly7, Rockville Centre, NY Thu Oct 11, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3097098190-91-Highland-Ave-Po…

Answers

6
Michael, Home Owner, Port Washington, NY
Tue Oct 16, 2012
The recent sales of homes near this one seems to justify the asking price. Port Washington homes held their values despite the bubble burst and this house seems to have been a good deal when it was purchased.
Veronica (V…, Agent, Port Washington, NY
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Yes, there is a gas burning fireplace. The selling price of $539K you refer to of $539K is incorrect. The present owner who is selling the house purchased it for $689,000 in July 2007.
Thomas Brady, Agent, Plainview, NY
Thu Oct 11, 2012
It says it's been completely renovated and if you look at the comps Trulia has listed it's in the ballpark. If you're seriously interested contact me and I'll do a CMA to arrive at a fair market value. Remember also it's just an asking price, it doesn't mean they'll get it.
Tom Brady SFR, e-Pro, SRES, GREEN
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Ret. NYPD Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Plaza - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
De Vonte Wil…, Agent, East Point, GA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
My colleagues are correct. You cannot judge a book by it's cover. Consider checking out the home yourself if you are interested. I also suggest checking out what houses of similar caliber are going for within a close radius. Examine the Asking Price or List Price to the actual selling price, very closely. The purchaser/buyer determines what the home ultimately sells for. The homeowner could ask $900k for the house, and it may only sell for $500k.

Additionally, many people think the Real Estate Market is not getting any better, but here on Long Island, we are beginning to see a turn for the better. Inventory is dropping steadily, prices are increasing on average, and in some occasions, we are getting multiple offers on properties.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Oct 11, 2012
It's possible the property had a full makeover; in order to determine a fair price review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and go from there....
Jeff Stone, Agent, Port Washington, NY
Thu Oct 11, 2012
This house has been completely renovated. To see how motivated the seller is, place an offer on what you believe the value is. If you want representation, contact me anytime.
Jeff Stone
Laffey Fine Homes
917-741-8294
Jstone@laffey.com