Property Q&A in Newtown>Question Details

Jan, Home Seller in Newtown, CT

16 Arthurs Ct, Newtown, CT sold n 8/23/07 for $1,375,000. Why isn't this and the below information not included?

Asked by Jan, Newtown, CT Wed Jan 27, 2010

Home has since added a 350 sq ft office and a 625 sq ft 3rd floor playroom with 9' ceilings. Home has 13 rooms with 6 bedrooms and 5.5 baths. Also missing is credit for the $250,000 land and hardscape improvements which include a pool. Home is currently listed for sale at $1,399,000. Why aren't these pieces of information included in the description? Can this be corrected?

This question is about this property:…

Hi Jan,
This is not the first time I have seen this question fielded. I will do my best to share some insight.

YES! the inforamtion can be corrected- however you may have to email Trulia- and I'd start by clicking on the HELP tab in the top right from there you can send an email.

It's no secret quality control is lacking on the internet. Sites like Trulia and Zillow makes the lion share of their profits selling advertising and redirecting people through the use of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) not in providing accurate and reliable information- and if that does happen well then great. For accurate and reliable information you have to go to the MLS systems used by realtors. Luckily appraisers, banks and prudent, well educated buyers don't turn to sites like this for information.....

Or do they....

Hmmmm, well there in lies the rub and the steam behind your question! I like many others in the profession have felt companies need to be held accountable for the quality of the information they set forth into the internet universe. This reminds me of the credit crisis that started years ago. Today the major credit reporting agencies Experian, Equifax and Transunion have found out the hard way how important it is to report accurate information. This information is affecting people’s lives- and it has become a huge legal mess, a lawyer’s paradise and soon you will see the credit scoring system change as government has gotten involved.

If history is an indicator, some one will sue Zillow or Trulia (if they haven't already) and then they will either provide accurate information- or like Experian/Equifax and Transunion is soon to be forced to go away!

Still I'd like to remain positive and hope these big companies can get things right and make the internet a better place for all of us!

Best Wishes-
Christopher Bjorklund