Would it be possible to partition the property into two, the small house separated from the main building with the two larger houses?

Asked by exoticvamp00, Troy, NY Mon May 20, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3114554502-669-2nd-Ave-Troy-N…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jerome Newki…, Agent, WATERFORD, NY
Sun Sep 29, 2013
Think this would be a great idea to explore with the building dept in Troy. I am sure you will need an architect to right up what you are planning to do. The only huddle I would think would be the permit process and conforming sure. If you are still interested in doing this please give me a call to discuss it further.

Jerome P Newkirk
Licensed New York State Real Estate Broker
Revision Real Estate
35 Broad Street
Waterford, NY 12188
518-229-0366 cell Direct
518-438-2221 office
518-235-0055 Fax
0 votes
exoticvamp00, Home Buyer, Troy, NY
Wed May 22, 2013
What I would like is to, over a two year period, partition the property, putting the all house on its own water meter, do some improvements, particularly kitchen and bathroom, and then put the two house property on the market. I would want the rental income on the three properties to be enough to cover the mortgage, taxes, insurance, and maintenance. As well, with the improvements I would like the two house property sale to be enough to cover the remainder of the mortgage for all three, leaving me with the small house free and clear.

I am familiar with the property. My boyfriend lives in the small house. He is worried about losing his home and my buying the property would make things a whole lot easier on him.

I would need a realtor for renting and selling when the time comes.

Can you give me some details about the property's history. Are all three houses currently rented? what is the rental amount on each? how long have these tenants been there? Are you aware of major problems that need repair?
0 votes
Debra Britt, Agent, Slingerlands, NY
Tue May 21, 2013
So long as you received the proper building permits, and had the zoning approved by the CIty. It looks like a good candidate for modifications to meet your individual needs.
Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Best wishes,
Debra Britt
Senior Real Estate Specialist, Certified Buyer Representative
NYS Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
HUNT Real Estate ERA
"Opening the Finest Doors in the Capital District"
(518) 221-9211
0 votes
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Tue May 21, 2013

Please check with the local building department for that information.
0 votes
Jason Bustel…, Agent, Schenctady, NY
Mon May 20, 2013
If you give me a call at 518-330-2230 or email at jbustelos@nyrealtorgrp.com we can talk further about this property and what you would like to do.
Jason Bustelos; LREB
NY Realtor Group, LLC
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Troy Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more