Dee, Real Estate Pro in Oakland, CA

Would a RE Agent provide comps for purpose of Tax Appeal?

Asked by Dee, Oakland, CA Thu Jul 28, 2011

I see very few sales in our area that are similar comps. Do I need to hire an appraiser to get comps for my property tax appeal?

We provide comps all the time for tax appeals. No need to hire an appraisal. Contact any Realtor in your area - they should be willing and able to help. If the county doesn't buy your comps, then you could hire an appraiser, although we've needed one yet.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 28, 2011
Hi Lois,

I agree with Carl. Actually, why don't you contact the Agent that helped you buy the property for the comps you are looking for? I'm sure they would like to hear from you and they know more about the property than a random agent.

I see you are a landlord. I offer access free property management software on my website here:

Also, not sure if this is your first rental or not, but either way, this doc might come in handy as well:

Best, Steve