Within a half mile of the 95th red line stop, what is the situation on empty or unused lots, specifically between 93rd-95th and Wentworth - I94

Asked by Edonarsk, Chicago, IL Tue Sep 10, 2013

Answers

4
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 11, 2013
When people realize the economic potential of the area they will build. The area has been ignored for far to long.
I'm really glad to hear you say that. I am a student at Illinois Institute of Technology, working with a Community Cluster Inter-Professional Project on improving the Princeton Park area, mostly focusing on the 95th business strip.
Currently we are drafting a proposal to change some of the residential blocks (RS2) to RM5.5 for multi-unit housing to create a higher resident concentration near the newly refurbished Red Line, hoping to open up the area to a new growth it hasn't seen in decades.
Our thoughts are to propose the zoning change, and if it does go through, acquire land in the area I mentioned in my first question for housing development or possibly an assisted living center for the disabled and elderly in the area, which the neighborhood needs almost as badly as it needs efficient housing and economic influx.
Do you have any thoughts you'd like to contribute? If you are representing a business or would like us to for any other reason, we would be happy to give due credit.
Flag Wed Sep 11, 2013
Erik Sachs, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Vacant because redevelopment does not make economic sense right now.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty and Development
Cell 773/368-5515
Email esachs@rpvinc.com
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Sep 10, 2013
many choices in this area.
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
If/when an economic opportunity presents itself, vacant land and buildings will be purchased.