Why in the world would you say this is in 5 points when the MLS ID is for Fuquay Varina?

Asked by Sooosh, Dallas, TX Tue Dec 16, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1072536063-613-Sunset-Dr-Rale…

Answers

3
Barrett Powe…, , Cary, NC
Wed Dec 17, 2008
I will admit the address and description are a little confusing. But giving the benefit of the doubt to the listing agent, it appears this property may be where it is described as being. Perhaps the house was originally located in Fuquay and moved to and renovated at the current site. Perhaps Fuquay is the name of the design. I would probably clear up the address and description a little more so there is no confusion but according to the map and information I see, the house is correctly listed.

If this is a property you are interested in purchasing, I would highly recommend you hire (at no cost to you) a buyer's agent to do the research and confirm any property you are interested in is what it says it is and assist you making perhaps the largest purchase of your life go smoother.
Daniel Eberw…, Agent, Clayton, NC
Tue Dec 16, 2008
This is a good example of online sources of info being wrong. The MLS shows this property as being in Woodland Point in Fuquay Varina, and doesn't mention Five Points at all. Like most online sources of info, Trulia pulls from different sources and combine them together automatically, with usually no human interaction/oversight, and mistakes occur. The MLS lists the zip code as 27526 while HomesandLand.com lists the zip code as 27609. It's possible when the agent origianally entered it into MLS, he put the wrong Zip code but has since corrected it. Or Homes and Land entered the wrong zip.

Situations like this are just a good reminder to take what you find online with a grain of salt, and always verify the information, no matter what the topic is. And why most real estate sites have the wonderful phrase "Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.'
Web Reference:  http://www.tri4sale.com
Wendy Norman, , Raleigh, NC
Tue Dec 16, 2008
Based on the info I read, it said Five Points East...which is a different location from the Five Points area of downtown Raleigh (and Five Points in Raleigh is more of a neighborhood/scetion that's composed of more than one "subdivision"). It's not uncommon here to have subdivision names that are repeated or that have the same beginning name with something "extra" tacked on to the end. For example, there are at least 2 Brookstone subdivisions...and more than one Bedford. In some of our data, it may say Brookstone--Cary in order to specify which one. We usually pull it up on maps if there is any question about the actual location. I hope that helps answer your question. If you're interested in seeing homes around the Five Points area of Raleigh, I'd be glad to assist you with getting information and showing the homes to you. Have a wonderful week!