Benweinberger, Home Seller in 33305

Why does Trulia's system say this house only has 2 bathrooms but the public information from bcpa and the owner info says it has 3.5?

Asked by Benweinberger, 33305 Wed Jan 30, 2013

Because of the bad data in the Trulia system, it is saying this house is worth less than it should and that hurts my neighbouring property value.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/Fort_Lauderdale/sold/213…

Answers

3
Tricia Luther, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Unfortunately, Trulia does not have the best data. While it's a cool website and user friendly to the public, it's not the best source for data. For example; data is fed in, however, it is not consistently fed back out. If I were to list a home and it sells, it may show as still being active for some time. Regarding "market value", the numbers are nearly always inaccurate. Your best source for your market value is a local Realtor (and a Realtor who understands how market value is determined). When appraisers determine market value, there are a lot of factors; within a certain # of rooms, percentage of living area square footage, garage, # of stories, year build, pool, and condition that are a factor.

Broward County Property Appraisers http://(www.bcpa.net) shows this property as being a 4 bedroom 3.5 bath which is typically the best source for data. The MLS tax shows it as a 3 bedroom, 2 bath. Trulia is showing a 4 bedroom, 2 bath. On April 25th, 2011, it was rented and listed in the MLS as a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath. Regarding the number of bedrooms and baths, the Property Appraisers office is best for this data. However, if someone does upgrades (for example, in 2011, the notes on this property discuss that a new master suite was added) and bcpa only does updates yearly, so the next place one would go to is to the city's building and construction department. Fortunately, Fort Lauderdale has this information available online at https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/egovplus/property/prop_search.aspx. You can go there to see if upgrades or additions were completed legally and if they were permitted and most importantly, that the permits were closed/approved.

If you ever seek assistance in determining your market value, please feel free to contact me via my mobile at (954) 558-0659 or email me at Luther.T@ewm.com. While I am not an appraiser, I've done Broker's Price Opinions for banks, as well as for Fannie Mae listings and understand the criteria that they look for and would be happy to provide you with the accurate data.
Iliana Ivano…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jan 30, 2013
If you are referring about the property at 2440 NE 27 Terrace - it is listed on Trulia as 4 bedr, 2 baths, and indeed, the BCPA records show it as 4 bdr. 3.5 baths. However , you need to keep in mind that if the owner has made any alterations of the property , said alterations not always show on BCPA .
I've seen many of those in my 19 years in Real Estate business.

I hope that will help understand the discrepancy.
Iliana Ivanova P.A.
Real Estate Broker
Lew Naylor, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jan 30, 2013
See my earlier response on Trulia..... Also who can relate to the accuracy of data on the internet after seeing the TV commerical that implies that an individual accept as fact all that is on the internet? BTW I too am a French model:))) Make use of your time and resources by calling an informed realtor to provide you accurate information in a specific market.

Lew Naylor
Naylor Realty
954-682-6313