Who goes for a raised ranch? I hate raised ranch style homes. I don't want to be negative but I cant stand them.

Asked by Paul Fabula, Naugatuck, CT Tue Mar 27, 2012

I know why they were built but the just never feel like a home to me. I have friends that own RR, they settled because they are just everywhere and seem to be more on the market then any style. I can't say I know anyone happy with living in a RR. Is this exclusive to my group of friends or is this a common feeling towards the raised ranch?

Answers

4
David Carr, Agent, North Haven, CT
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Hi Paul, I can help you find a style that suits your needs, lots of people do not like RRanches because they want above grade living space with a garage that is next to, not under their home.

As your Licensed Buyer Agent I will:
a) Represent your best interests at all times.
b) Keep your financial and negotiating positions confidential.
c) Help you buy the best home at the best comparable price. Your offer to purchase will be supported by my essential market value analysis.
d) Help you negotiate the home inspection and required notifications.
e) Update you on all NEW MLS properties available, regardless of seller.
f) Arrange all showings so you don't have to deal with other agents.
g) Help you complete Sales Agreements and associated documents to manage your transaction seamlessly. The terms we propose will be unique to your situation and will support your best interests
Copyright 2012 David Carr...........203-654-2905
Now that is how a realtor is supposed to respond
Flag Wed Mar 28, 2012
Natalia Baki…, , Milford, CT
Wed Mar 5, 2014
I live in a contemporary raised ranch. It has cathedral ceilings, sky lights, sliding doors from the dining to a magnificent porch and sliding doors from master bedroom to the private porch. When people enter my home they go..... Wow! I love your house.

I think contemporary raised ranches with open floor plan are desirable. If you saw mine you would change you’re feeling about them because they are not all build exactly the same.
Ken D'Ademo, Agent, Milford, CT
Wed Mar 28, 2012
I agree with Dan, however, considering that raised ranches are very common in Milford, you might want to look in other towns. If you want Milford, look in Lexington Green no RR there.. By the way, I own a RR 5 BR, 3 Ba, 4 car garage, and I like better than my last house that was a center hall colonial. No offense taken....LOL
The reasons my friends and I have spoken about in regards to not liking the ranch is the same level living and sleeping and a RR can be hard to expand. I guess you don't have that same issue with 5 beds and 3 baths but to be fair that is very uncommon.
Flag Wed Mar 28, 2012
Dan Ross, Agent, Southington, CT
Tue Mar 27, 2012
Paul,
Why would you post something like this? If you don't like them, don't buy one. Everybody has different tastes, preferences, and budgets. Live in whatever style house you are comfortable in, but don't slam anyone elses choices. Have a little tolereance of others.
I posted this because the market is saturated with Raised ranch's and I wanted to see how other people felt about them. Tolerance of others? Dan it's a house style not gay marriage.
Flag Tue Mar 27, 2012
geez it's a house style. Not really that serious
Flag Tue Mar 27, 2012