Slotma, Other/Just Looking in 10031

Where do I look to find out who holds the shares to a hdfc apt.?

Asked by Slotma, 10031 Wed Jun 16, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Jun 17, 2010
This is a tough question. If the sale as has been recent, which generally is from 2004 onward, it will show up in most online real estate websites. You will be able to get the names of the parties involved. Prior to that it is very difficult. Co-op sales were not recorded as real estate transactions, as it was a transfer of shares in a corporation. You could try good old-fashioned sleuthing - i.e. check the name on the bell. If you really need to get in touch you can write a letter to "Owner" at that address with that apt. number.
1 vote
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Jun 17, 2010
If you are referring to an empty unit, you can always try asking a neighbor(s)--as already stated, unfortunately lists don't really exists and not always easy to find an owner.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more