Where can I find out the date and place of the auction?

Asked by sheilajob, Houston, TX Wed Jan 9, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3104017576--Ivy-Crest-Ct-H…

Answers

2
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Lakes of Parkway is an exclusive enclave of homes built by Kickerillo. $142k would not even buy you an empty lot in the neighborhood. I pinpointed the property in question, and it is unlikely that even if it does go to Auction that the bank would accept less than 450k for this property.
That is a lot of cash for an auction sale....Al makes a good point on these listings since it may just be a few months behind and the owners may have already caught up their payments.

I ran a stats report for Lakes of Parkway if you are interested, check out my website and send me an e-mail.
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX

This home may or may not be for sale at auction. They're often postponed indefinitely for various reasons. In any event, you'd need to contact the tax collector's office. What you see is a notice from RealtyTrac, a reporting service, not a real estate brokerage firm. They do not list or sell homes. What they'd like for you to do is subscribe to their service to obtain additional information. I see no reason to do so, since the notice may well be inaccurate, and the likelihood of purchasing any home based on RealyTrac postings is near zero.

Any property listed for sale at a "courthouse steps" auction requires that it be bought for cash, "as-is, where-is" with no opportunity to inspect the home until you purchase it. You'd have to submit proof of funds and/or a certified check prior to the sale. As for the "price," RealtyTrac would like for you to assume that you could purchase it for that number ... but it's not even close. The figure represents the amount in default. If it were possible to buy such a home for so little money, you'd see a line around the block. It's an auction, and the home will sell for considerably more. Do you have that kind of money, and are you willing to take a chance on a property that may have serious issues? Homes such as this are best suited for investors with deep pockets ... and there are many in Houston.

I trust this helps. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon