What to do when you buy a house with an illegal in law?

Asked by Zamora75d11, Richmond Annex, Richmond, CA Sat Dec 26, 2009

I just bouhgt a property , the apraisal says that the unit on the back of the house is legal with permit number,,,,also the house is in aMFR-1. somebody turned me in to the city, i wenat to the city offices and they cant find tahe permit number, also the unit was built in 1960 (acording to the aprisal) what shoould i do about it?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jim Thomas, , Fishers, IN
Sun Dec 27, 2009
Go back to the appraiser and get supporting documents he used to state it was a legal permit.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more