What kind of offer would they consider for this house? I want a realistic number. Thanks Jon

Asked by Jon.carrington0823, Roseville, CA Mon Jul 9, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1074651240-1748-Heather-Garde…

Answers

8
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Your question: What kind of offer would they consider for this house? I want a realistic number. Thanks Jon

The answer: $435,000 Cause that is what they took. You can only get this specific - realistic number after a house has closed escrow. When a house is actively for sale, the surest way to get the "bottom line" realistic number is to have your buyers agent write an offer for you, submit it to the seller, then see what they counter offer your at!
Rod Brown, Agent, Roseville, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Jon - as your probably aware things are heating up in the Tri-County area. All the A properties are getting multiple offers in days as well as many of the distressed properties that are discounted appropriately for condition. The best way to come up with a realistic price is to run comps, then take into consideration, location, condition, and competition. Ultimately it will be the buyer that wants the house the most that will determine the price, realistic or not.
Alison Hillm…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Hey Jon!

I would recommend reaching out to the listing agent, Robert Swanson via the listing. Good luck!

Ali, Community Manager
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Auburn, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
As the others have already mentioned, the property sold in June for $435,000, which is $10,000 over asking price. It took only 9 days for this property to go into escrow, which tells me that they most likely had multiple offers. Based on comparable properties in this area, it appears that this property was competitively priced. The home was a standard sale, which also made it stand out as most homes on the market these days are either bank owned or short sales. I would not expect a properly priced home in that area to sell below asking price, especially not within the first month of coming on the market. Therefore, expect to pay at least full price. Your agent should prepare a CMA for you prior to making any offers as that will tell you how competitive the asking price is. If the list price is too low, it's most likely to attract multiple offers. I know home buyers are reluctant to go over asking price, but if you make a full price offer on a property that is clearly underpriced, you will most likely not get your offer accepted. That's why it's important to work with an agent who is familiar with the particular area in which you are buying. It's also a good idea to call the listing agent before making any offers to find out if there are any other offers. Many times, you will be asked to make your highest and best offers and you won't have a second chance because many times sellers will just pick the best offer and won't deal with multiple counter-offers.

I hope this helps.
Jesse Coffey, Agent, Roseville, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Hi Jon,

This property is no longer available. It sold last month for $435K. Feel free to contact me if you would like to know what is currently available.

Have a great day!
Courtney Sch…, Agent, Roseville, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Hi Jon,
This home was sold on 6/18/12 for $435,000. If you would like a list of available homes please give me a call.

Courtney Schrader
916-705-9057
DRE#01357346
Teri Andrews…, Agent, Auburn, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Hi Jon,

The house seems well priced for the square footage, I am sorry we have no way of knowing what offer the seller would or would not consider, only the seller knows what terms and price is agreeable to them..

Run your comparable sales with your agent and make your best offer based on your findings, be realistic as homes are selling quickly in our area right now with high buyer demand driving multiple offers and over asking price sales.
Ahmad Zeki, Agent, Lincoln, CA
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Jon,

Great question. That number is usually determined by several factors. First, would be to do a comparable sales search. By that, I mean you would take a look at direct comparable properties (similar size, sq. ft, beds, baths, area, etc) that have recently sold (within the last 3 months) and compare them to the property you are inquiring about. That will give you a good idea of whether or not this property is price right, under priced or over priced.

Second, you would want to inquire as to what features the home has. Are there upgrades? What about appliances and other working parts of the home (are they new, etc)?

Third, you would want to inquire to see how many offers there on the current property?

If you need further assistance, please contact me directly to establish a specific asking price. Have a great week!

Respectfully,

Ahmad Zeki, J.D.
Broker/Realtor
(916) 295-0071 Direct
ZekiHomes@gmail.com