What is the square ft. on this home?

Asked by Natalie Fox, Smyrna, GA Thu Jan 8, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1071316835-4611-Villa-Chase-D…

Answers

3
Matthew Share, Agent, Marietta, GA
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Hi Natalie,

As a very tech-savvy agent, I'm active and well-positioned on all of the major consumer web sites. Just after answering this question, I noticed your post on another web site indicating that you will require an agent who will disclose square footage information up-front before you look at a property. I assume it's you since the first name is the same and the focus on square footage. Anyway, neither of these sites gives me a way to contact you directly; but I'd love to speak with you. I myself made the move about 4 years ago from the Smyrna area to the East Cobb Area for most of the exact reasons you are interested in doing so. I've also helped many others do the same. I certainly would be able to give you school information about every property before you look at it. You may also want to check out my web site since it lets you search by school name and many others do not. My web site also has some very good information about schools including test scores and other data. Please understand that square footage information simply is not entered into our MLS systems in GA. I disagree with it and, in fact, recently wrote a blog post complaining about it. Nonetheless, it is the law. Therefore, no agent will be able to help you any more than I can in that regard. However, my tech-savvyness and analytical ability will come in handy in narrowing down your seach for you. Please check out my web site linked below. I encourage you to contact me from there and I'd be more than happy to open a dialog with you and help you out in any way I can.
Bob Southard, Agent, Roswell, GA
Thu Jan 8, 2009
In Georgia, agents do measure or quote square footage. The actual square footage would be determined by the appraiser at the time the appraisal is done. The information in county tax records may or may not be correct but the tax records have the square footage listed as 2703ft.

Please let me know if you would like to see the home or if you have any other questions.

thanks
Web Reference:  http://www.AgentBobSells.com
Matthew Share, Agent, Marietta, GA
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Believe it or not, real estate agents are not allowed to quote exact square footage figures in the state of Georgia. However, this information is available in the public records (tax records). Keep in mind that the information contained in the public tax records is not always accurate and I make no warranty regarding the accuracy of this data. I looked it up in the tax records via Realist and it says 2,703 square feet in there. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance to you further.