What is the real price on this home I have seen it listed forever and changes prices constantly.?

Asked by Mea, Concord / Martinez Fri Jan 2, 2009

What is the real price on this home I have seen it listed forever and changes prices constantly. I just saw an Add today on Craigslist listing this house for 289! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/reb/977577579.html I am interested in possibly purchasing this home I have my items lined up
--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1067244898-2102-Overhill-Rd-C…

Answers

6
Michelle Git…, Agent, Clayton, CA
Tue Jan 6, 2009
Hi Mea,

This house has been on a "pricing rollercoaster"!

It went on the market in May 2008 and was overpriced at $524,000.

This house was recently priced at $289,000 on 11/11/08.

On 12/17/08 the price was increased to $384,900...probably due to a bank approval or "dissapproval"...still a very good value in comparison with other listings in that area. If you would like to see the competing properties and their values in this area send me your email address.

Good Luck.
Michelle Git…, Agent, Clayton, CA
Tue Jan 6, 2009
Hi Mea,

Good Luck.
Jerry Flynn, Agent, Clayton, CA
Sun Jan 4, 2009
Mea,

The house is listed for $384,900. It is active on the M.L.S., and shows that it is a Short Sale. The price you saw on Craigslist for $289,000 is wrong. There are lots of homes on the market in Concord area for around this Price, that are not Short Sale.

I hope this answered your Question Mea. You have a Great Day, and a Happy New Year.

Jerry Flynn
925-820-6550
oldwestinc@yahoo.com
http://housebiz.ca
David Kendall, , Berkeley, CA
Fri Jan 2, 2009
Mea:

The "real" price of a home is whatever the seller is willing to accept, and whatever buyers are willing to offer. The advertised "list" price is just a number that attracts buyers in a particular price bracket. The list price and the "real" sales price are often very different.

If you are interested in this house then you might consider talking to a local Realtor who is familiar with your market and can provide realistic advice on what might be a reasonable offer for the property. If that number works for you then try submitting an offer for this amount and see what happens. If the seller accepts, and your deal closes, then that number is the real price.

I tell my clients that the price tag on a house is very very different than, say, a price tag on a pair of jeans. This is a concept that a lot of people have trouble grasping. In our culture the price tag on a retail item is what you pay, and there is no possibility for negotiation. With a house you can offer whatever price you want and the seller can accept or reject your offer. The buyers are much more in control of the price when it comes to real estate.
Tony Abad, Agent, El Cajon, CA
Fri Jan 2, 2009
Mea,

I can show you some properties around the same price range also. Read my profile and see if you would like to work together.

TA
Lucy Liou, Agent, Danville, CA
Fri Jan 2, 2009
Hello, Mea

This property is still on the market and listed for $384,900. It is a short sales transaction and all terms are subject to lender's approval. Not $289k. If you are interested, please call me @925-819-0752. I can also show some other similar properties .