What is the factor that determines my property accessment for the value of my house.?

Asked by msesto, Shawnee, KS Thu Mar 21, 2013

Answers

2
Pat Strutz’s answer
Pat Strutz, , Shawnee Mission, KS
Thu Mar 21, 2013
There are lots of things that determine property value. First number of beds, baths, garage, square footage, lot size. County appraiser sets a valuation on the property. Then the state, county and city determine the "assessed value" of the property and it is the assessed value that they base the taxes on which is based on the % of the mill levy. Feel free to call me with further questions always happy to provide more information to you. 913-269-8730 cell number.
Pat Strutz
Karie Parsons, Agent, Shawnee, KS
Thu Mar 21, 2013
The market analysis for your subdivision at B.P. is 137,250. Your appraisal is at 157,000 for a 4 bd, 3 bth. The other homes were 3 bedrooms that sold in the last year. It seeems your county appraisal might be a little high. You could go and protest your tax rate with a realtor's community market analysis. KarieParsons.com
why dose the value of my or other homes seem to vacilate so differently from one year to the next...? Is it quite possible that we are accessed highter to raise taxes for revenue to finance "backroom pet deals" or other city projects?
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013