What is the average price of a standard waterfront lot with boatlift access to the gulf?

Asked by jclmel, Cape Coral, FL Sun May 12, 2013

Answers

3
David Lang, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon May 13, 2013
Average value of a gulf access lot means little. If you would like to explore the market value of a lot that you own or would like to purchase, contact a Realtor to find comparable sales of SIMILAR lots that have recently sold. There is just too much variance in the value of water lots, because of location and other factors. I hope this helps.

David Lang
239-677-8780

http://www.SWFloridaHomeSearch.com
Sam Yaffey, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun May 12, 2013
Lots of things affect price of waterfront lots: Distance to the Gulf, river, Matlacha Pass or Pine Island Sound. One key factor is the number of bridges and the height of the bridges that your boat must pass under. "Sailboat" access is considered to have no bridges blocking the mast for instance. Depth of the water going out can dictate the kind of hull that your boat has and therefore affect price of the waterfront. Also the direction that your lot faces can also affect value, as southern exposure is highlly desired to keep pools their warmest, to provide summer's breezes, and to allow the house to block the lanai from winter's northerly cool winds.
I've lived on the water here and boated here for 17 years. Plus I worked at a yachting community (Cape Harbour) for 10 years. Call me for more info and to answer any further questions you may have.

Sam (Rosa) Yaffey
Century 21 Sunbelt
239-410-2324 (cell)
239-542-8611 (office)
SamYaffey@gmail.com (email)
SamYaffeyRealEstate.com (website)
Israel Emory, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun May 12, 2013
As you probably know gulf access lots in Cape Coral are priced according to their proximity to the gulf, size of the lot, and view. It is really hard to give you an average price as there are lots from $30k-$500k. You are usually better off to buy a lot without a seawall or boat lift, and add those after the fact. The reason is it is usually more expensive to buy a lot with the seawall and boat lift already installed. I have several gulf access lots that aren't listed in the MLS. Please visit my website or call me for more information.

Israel Emory
MarketWatchRealEstate.com
Tropicalwaterfronthomes.com
239-292-2499
IsraelEmory@Gmail.com