Usually, the seller side typically offers a percentage (commission) towards the co-operating Real Estate Agent.
Not all agents are created equal. I advise you look at what each agent has to offer via their web sites, and interview a few to see which one suits your best needs in finding a home fast, and for top dollar, or if they just need to stay in touch until you are ready :)
As a buyer, a realtor works for you to help you find a house that fits your lifestyle, needs and budget. A realtor also facilitates all the contract paperwork, inspections and other details that go into buying a home. A realtor is paid from the sellers procedes from a transaction. As a buyer, you are not paying a realtor.
Please give me a call and I'll be happy to assist you with your home buying questions!
1. Coordinate and schedule all showings and provide you access into the home
2. Compare prices of the home you fall in love with to others in the immediate area to help you determine a fair offering price
3. Negotiate the deal. If your realtor is working as a buyer's agent then they work only for you. The seller's (and whether or not they make money on the deal) is not their concern
4. Assist you with your home inspections, termite inspections, any home repairs, etc
5. Walk you through all financial and legal issues such as required documents, title work, closing, etc.
This is by no means a full list but it gives you an idea of what to expect. If you need a realtor in the future, please give me a call. I'd love to help you find the home of your dreams!
Louisville Market Realtors