Property Q&A in Louisville>Question Details

Kamry11, Renter in Louisville, KY

What is the average cost of a Realtor in Louisville & in what ways do they help you ?

Asked by Kamry11, Louisville, KY Mon Jan 13, 2014

Hello Kamry11-

Usually, the seller side typically offers a percentage (commission) towards the co-operating Real Estate Agent.

Not all agents are created equal. I advise you look at what each agent has to offer via their web sites, and interview a few to see which one suits your best needs in finding a home fast, and for top dollar, or if they just need to stay in touch until you are ready :)

Great Question.

Allison Scott-Eagan
Hi Kamry,

As a buyer, a realtor works for you to help you find a house that fits your lifestyle, needs and budget. A realtor also facilitates all the contract paperwork, inspections and other details that go into buying a home. A realtor is paid from the sellers procedes from a transaction. As a buyer, you are not paying a realtor.
Please give me a call and I'll be happy to assist you with your home buying questions!

Les Polllitt
Weichert Realtors
First and foremost, most realtors fees are paid by the seller of the home so if you're a first-time homebuyer, all services should be provided to you free of charge. An average service fee from a seller to each realtor is 3%. Realtors offer the following services:

1. Coordinate and schedule all showings and provide you access into the home
2. Compare prices of the home you fall in love with to others in the immediate area to help you determine a fair offering price
3. Negotiate the deal. If your realtor is working as a buyer's agent then they work only for you. The seller's (and whether or not they make money on the deal) is not their concern
4. Assist you with your home inspections, termite inspections, any home repairs, etc
5. Walk you through all financial and legal issues such as required documents, title work, closing, etc.

This is by no means a full list but it gives you an idea of what to expect. If you need a realtor in the future, please give me a call. I'd love to help you find the home of your dreams!

Kim Alexander
Louisville Market Realtors