What does no more showings mean ? I am not expected to buy without seeing it am I ? I would like to see it . D

Asked by David Houser, San Diego County, CA Fri May 8, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1078599906-4871-Meadowbrook-D…

Answers

7
Sd Seeker, , 92101
Fri May 8, 2009
Hi David,

I am not an agent and have bought and sold my own real estate using an agent. There are two things that mystify me about Trulia:

1. Why does an agent answer a question that has already been answered?
2. Why do they promote themselves when the Trulia staff have said not to do so?

I know you got your question answered and then some.

Hope this helps,

Seeker
Tony Cannon, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Fri May 8, 2009
There were about 18 offers on this property and I represented a buyer who made one of those offers. The property was priced below market so an offer could be obtained quickly so the short sale package could be subitted to the seller's bank and allow a postponement of the trustee's sale.

The bank owned home across the street at 4874 Meadowbrook, which is about 300 square feet larger but is in rather poor condition, sold within a week with an asking price of $315,000.

We have a very competitive market right now in some areas and some price ranges, so if you are serious about purchasing, you need to have a buyer's agent who knows the inventory, valuations, and is on the ball.
Durrell Thom…, Agent, San Marcos, CA
Fri May 8, 2009
Hello David,

1. This is a short sale
2. The no more showing means : That the seller has received more then one offer and they do not want to have you waste your time.
3. This property is waiting on lender approval.
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri May 8, 2009
Hi David,

Thank you for your question. This is typically posted with a Short Sale when the owner has accepted an offer and submitted it to their lender to start the approval process of selling the property. Hence, it is still listed as Active on the MLS until they have the bank approval and they do not want any more people seeing the property.

Hope this helps.

Mark and Kari Shea
San Diego Real Estate Experts
Foreclosure, Short Sale & Investment Specialists,
Development Opportunities & Traditional Real Estate
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Mon May 11, 2009
BTW, I do not see any spam in the thread so far.........
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Mon May 11, 2009
3. And sometimes they are just Spammers. Getting self-promotion from providing useful information/advice ect. without spamming is absolutely a great thing for Agents who wish the public see they can follow Guidelines and act in a Professional manner.

But Spam is Spam and only sends the message to the public that Professionalism and following any guidelines will always take a back seat to trolling for customers.

IMHO, Dunes
Mission Viejo…, , Mission Viejo, CA
Fri May 8, 2009
Sd Seeker, 1) sometimes another agent has more information to add to the previous post, example below Tony personally had information about the property that David asked about.
2) Just the fact that we agents are answer questions on Trulia is a form of promoting ourselves.