What does mandatory membership mean? Of What? What is involved.?

Asked by ljoborsay, Boca Raton, FL Wed Sep 19, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3095882907-7370-Orangewood-Ln…

Answers

3
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hi.

Mandatory membership means that you MUST join the HOA or country club....you have no choice or options, it is a must. Period.

Prices are falling all across Boca Raton in mandatory country clubs because of the ultra-high carrying costs associated with them. Are they worth the money in most cases? Probably not.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton, FL
Elieth ( Ell…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Thu Sep 20, 2012
There are so many beautiful golf communities in Boca Raton. Some of them have separate membership, some have the fees already included on the home owners association amount and others have that as a fee you will pay once a year .
As a short sale and foreclosure specialist, I have tools that help me to select those homes for you . Many times you will see houses with an amazing bargain price for sale, but 40.000 $ in membership. So, if you value the amenities that is offered it’s a great deal, otherwise, I will separate the ones that have no membership for you .
Joanne Mccul…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Mandatory membership means you must become a member of a country club or homeowners
association, when you live in that community. In a country club community it usually requires that
you join in one off the mamberships in the country club offer a social, tennis or full membership or any combination of the three. In a country club there can be an equity position where you purchase your part of the club where all or part of the purchase are refundable. There can also, deprnding on the community, can be an initiation fee that is generally not refundable. Also there would usually be a yearly dues you would be required to pay. All of the communities are different
concerning the amount of monies required. If you are looking at particular communities I would be happy to send you the requirements. Let me know what you want to look into. If you don't feel tehis
t;ype of community, I can guide you to the communities that have no country club or homeowners
association.