What does "active with contract" mean?

Asked by Janet, 34638 Mon May 11, 2009

On another website this listing has that phrase. Does that mean that someone has made an offer and they're under contract?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1060659652-6103-Saint-Remy-Wa…

Answers

7
Ethel Washin…, Agent, valrico, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
The sale of a home goes through different phases in the Multiple Listing Service. “Active with Contract” means that a home currently has a live and active contract but may be waiting for additional approvals or has other special contingencies. Some contingencies may be financing, back up offers, first right of refusal, inspection or third party approval (many times this approval will come from the sellers bank in a short sale situation). Because of these contingencies some listings will take back up offers. After the contingency is satisfied the listing will be taken off the market and be placed in Pending status.

Pending status means that the contract is solid. The contingencies and approvals have been met and they are waiting to closing.

If you have any addition questions please feel free to call me at 813.727.6291.

Ethel Washington
Signature Realty Associates
Hello Ethel,
There was a property up for sale, later I found out it was in pending status, shortly thereafter, I noticed the property status was changed from pending to active under contract status, at that point could my realtor place an offer.
Flag Mon Sep 19, 2016
Hello Ethel,
There was a property up for sale, later I found out it was in pending status, shortly thereafter, I noticed the property status was changed from pending to contract status, at that point could my realtor place an offer.
Flag Mon Sep 19, 2016
Mark Zabilow…, Agent, Lutz, FL
Mon May 11, 2009
Janet,
This is not a new term, but has to do with the different listing board's that encompasses the Tampa Area. It means the property can still be shown and offers submitted. The offer that is currently on the property may have contingencies, such as sale of exisitng home, etc...
Here is the listing: http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1033715881&…

I can find out more details on the current offer, (if you're not working with any other agents).

Let me know!
Yours to count on!
Mark Zabilowicz
813-849-8554
Mark@Homes4UinTampa.com
Seanmorris01, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Sep 19, 2016
Hello Ethel,

I do myself do not understand the question, There was a property up for sale, later I found out it was in pending status, shortly thereafter, I noticed the property status was changed from pending to active under contract status, at that point could my realtor place an offer
Sherrona3, Home Buyer, Salem, OR
Wed Oct 21, 2015
this property states it active under contract
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Many properties in Tampa Bay are listed as "Active with Contract". What this means is the Seller is requesting backup offers. In some cases the Seller may not even be able to enter into a backup contract.

Bottom line is the house is not available until/if the current contract fails.

If you want to see the full details (i.e. if a property is truly available or already with a contract), your Realtor can sign you up for a ListingBook account.

If you're not yet working with a Realtor, you can sign up for a Listingbook on my website:

http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Robert Shimp, , Apopka, FL
Fri Apr 20, 2012
what is the full description of "active with contract?
Lou Molnar, Agent, Land O Lakes, FL
Mon May 11, 2009
The term is new to me but it may be what is used in another MLS area. It appears the a property has a "pending" contract on it but their may be contingencies in the contract and the seller wishes to keep it on the market until they have been removed. This is common if the contract is subject to the buyer obtaining financing. Some MLS services do not allow that status and they prefer the property go into a pending sale category.