What do youo think about westmoreland community? What are advantages and disadvantages? Thank you!

Asked by Alessandro, Washington, DC Mon May 4, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/43208797-4421-Chalfont-Pl-Bet…

Answers

3
Brandon Green…, Agent, Washington, DC
Mon May 4, 2009
Hi Alessandro.

Overall, Lisehow and Hill have provided you a good list of advantages to the Westmoreland Hills and Overlook communities. I would add that Westmoreland Hills and Overlook offer some of the most traditionally-styled Colonials in the area, set against the beautiful rolling hills and established landscapes of the area. I like the convenient access to the Mass Ave, Western Ave, and MacArthur Ave (via Dalecarlia Parkway) corridors.

Certainly, lists of disadvantages depend upon what other communities you are considering, as each neighborhood has relative advantages and disadvantages. Aside from Lisehowe's comments, Westmoreland Hills and Overlook are not within walking distance of Metrorail, although the communities have very good access to the Mass Ave corridor and MetroBus. The terrain can make driving somewhat challenging in snow, although our area has few snow events each year.
Lise Howe, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Mon May 4, 2009
You would love Westmoreland Hills and Overlook too. The advantages are the proximity to DC, the beautiful terrain of gentle hills, surrounded by parkland and the reservoir, a great park for children, easy access to the Crescent Trail, the library on Mass Ave and shopping at Westbard or Mass Avenue. It is a wonderful community of caring homeowners with an annual garden sale among other community activities. The community is diverse in age - young families and empty nesters. The schools are Bethesda Chevy Chase HS, Westland Middle School and Westbrook Elementary (all very well regarded). To me, the worst thing I can say about Westmoreland Hills is that it is a 20 minute walk to shops and restaurants (hardly a terrible thing to say.)
Hill Slowins…, Agent, Bethesda, MD
Mon May 4, 2009
This is actually in Overlook, a newer section of Westmoreland Hills, with its own homeowners association, at the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue and Western Avenue at the DC line. A very stable, well cared-for upper bracket neighborhood of larger homes that borders Spring Valley and Northwest Washington. Near Sibley Hospital, Crescent Trail, Little Falls Library, Friendship Heights shopping and dining corridor. I and my family has lived in Overlook and this section of town for generations and it is great. Contact me if I can help.
Web Reference:  http://www.HillSlowinski.com