Property Q&A in Newton>Question Details

Rebecca, Home Buyer in Wellesley, MA

What could one expect if an MBTA bus stop is right in front of the house?

Asked by Rebecca, Wellesley, MA Sat Feb 6, 2010

trash? late night noisy partiers? vagrants?

Answers

5
Rebecca, there are so many variables that go into this answer. There are many bus routes through the city. The good news is that they all make it easy for our residents to commute. Some obvious answers to your question are that there will be people waiting at the stop infront of your home. There will be some noise and exhaust from the buses passing. The city will plow the streets quickly so that the buses can get through, and depending on what street it is, your sidewalk may be cleared for you, but that is a long shot.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. I have been in Newton for a long time and have a good sense for the many neighborhoods we have here.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 6, 2010
Yes possibly Trash, however you could call the Wellesley DPW and ask how often they clean the site. You should also call the MBTA and see the schedule to determine how late the bus runs. Even better would be to talk to a neighbor to find out their perspective. I would also call the the Police Station to answer your Vagrant questions but I would assume that it's pretty safe as Wellesley has a low crime rate. Do a few drive bys at different times and see for yourself whats going on! If you would like assistance please give me a call or log into my website below.
Heidi Zizza
mdm realty (508) 879-8999
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
You might also visit the property at different times to see. Check the morning commute, evening commute and drive by even on the weekend. You can also like previously mentioned ask the local police for history of the area, it's also published in the local newspapers. You could also Google the address and see if anything is mentioned. The assistance of an experienced local buyers agent is invaluable for these types of questions in finding the best & most accurate sources to contact.

Good Luck :)
Web Reference: http://www.MedfordHouse.com
You would most likely expect an easy commute. Your best resource is the local police department ... they are the only people who will know what specifically to expect.
I think that would depend on the location of the Bus Stop....I live in Winchester not too far from a MBTA bus stop and other than busses stopping and commuters walking to and from the bus stop...not much. Move mr into cambridge and that may be different.