What are the pros and cons of Grass Lake and The Cedar River?

Asked by Linda St.laurent, Romeo, MI Sun Mar 8, 2009

Not being familiar with either, how would you describe Grass Lake and The Cedar River? We are interested in cabins located on each and wanted to know the pros and cons. We'd hate to invest and find out either one has a tendency to dry up at times. Thanksfor the help.

Answers

2
Sonya Loose, Agent, Beaverton, MI
Mon Mar 9, 2009
Hi Linda! I live and work in Gladwin and am very knowledgeable about the area...email or call me directly and I can help!! Grass Lake is a fishing lake and is located in a recreation area near state land. There are many affordable cottages in the area. The lake level can be quite low and is only used for fishing via fishing boats/paddle boats/canoes. The Cedar River flows all year long and is a nice river that can be quite scenic. The Cedar River actually covers a large area in Gladwin and Beaverton so could help more if I knew exactly where you are looking on that river. Let me know how else I can help. You can visit me website to learn more about the area at http://www.thegladwinrealestate.com
smith3gary, Agent, White Lake, MI
Sun Mar 8, 2009
Linda,

Very good question. On the website below, there are links to several sites to help. This includes information available from the State of Michigan, EPA, and others.

Most lake levels will fluctuate depending upon the amount of rain and ground water levels in the area.