Property Q&A in 11596>Question Details

Phefferan213, Other/Just Looking in 11596

What are the prevailing property taxes on homes on Sumter Avenue, East Williston, New York. I grew up on 15 Sumter Avenue and I am curious.

Asked by Phefferan213, 11596 Sun Sep 5, 2010

I grew up in the house located at 15 Sumter Avenue, East Williston, New York. I see that some houses were sold on that street. Can you tell me what the property taxes on these properties. Our house has a double plot of land but is quite old.

Answers

2
According to public records, the total taxes of 15 Sumter Avenue, show as $10,810.07--if you are curious about recently sold properties on that street, you can check http://www.mlsli.com under closed properties, than by area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010
The house at 15 Sumpter is on a 100x100 lot. The general taxes are $2,386.21, which included town of North Hempstead and Nassau County Tax. The School taxes are $8,424.06 (full restored). If the property is owner occupied, you can apply for the STAR exemption which is $896.74. You would have to call the village of East Williston for the Village Taxes. This lot is not large enought to split the property for a bulding lot.
Did you go to Whealtey High School?? This is a very desirable school district. Did you know they tore down the East Williston GreenHouse and built new homes there? Also, there is a new library and village hall that will be dedicated in October.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010