What are the condo fees for this unit and how does it ompare with similar units in the same area and price range?

Asked by denniswhamilton, Seattle, WA Sun Feb 24, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3027180541-1914-13th-Ave-W-301-Seat… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3027180541-1914-13th-Ave-W-30…

Answers

7
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Dennis,
You have the answer as to how much, and what does it cover, now I want to let you know how to interpret this. First, I don't know the complex and am not speaking to this place specifically.
Sometimes fees are low because they are efficiently run and offer limited services. Sometimes though low fees need to be looked at carefully. Are their major projects on the horizon? Do they have sufficient reserves to cover them, items like new roofs, siding, plumbing, parking lot repaving just to name a few, or are they planning on a special assessment?
Special assessments can be unpleasant surprises in any condo project. They can often be anticipated by reviewing the notes of the association regarding upcoming work and checking the financials for their current status.
Taking some time to do your own due diligence can make all the difference. Best of luck.
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Mon Feb 25, 2013
the dues on this condo also include basic cable along with what else was mentioned. According to the listing agent, he may be getting an offer by tomorrow, but who knows. It does seem to be priced a little high for what it is, but it sure is beautiful. I am actually going to take a look at it tomorrow morning already. things are selling very fast now in Seattle & you need your own buyers agent in order to be able to get something before it sells & to get good advice as well.

I would suggest, that as a buyer, you Google every agent that responds to your question here on Trulia, learn as much as you can about who they are online, read their client testimonials, so you know what their clients are saying about them, and then give us each a call and just ask us why we think you should work with us instead of another agent. This will take you a little while to do, but will be time well spent, as choosing the right agent is the first step towards choosing the right home. Then, pick the best fit for you and let them go to work for you with the skill and knowledge that they have. I hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Ben Kakimoto, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
I second Dan's response. The dues are low and that sounds awesome, but there's always another side to low HOA dues and he touched on them. Additionally, it doesn't appear this property has an elevator and that can help keep on-going maintenance costs down.
Danny Greco, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
monthly HOA's are $234 for this home. That is lower than most comparables for this area and size. I would encourage you to attend the open house taking place today. A lot of times you can meet neighbors there and they are often the best resources for specific questions about the project or neighborhood.
Puneet Sachd…, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
HOA fees are $234 a month and it cover Garbage/water/sewer, common areas, earthquake ins., etc. It is pretty low compare to others in the area for that price range usually they are higher, specially if they cover utilities.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Puneet 206-920-5555. Text or call.
Julie Roh, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
... Also, the HOD of $234.00 is significantly lower than most other comparable properties in the area. Hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
Julie Roh, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
The monthly HOD is $234.00; includes water, sewer, garbage, earthquake insurance.