Property Q&A in 34285>Question Details

Irene,  in Venice, FL

We are relocating to Florida next year. We will be retired but we are raising our 6 year old granddaughter. We need to find a development for both

Asked by Irene, Venice, FL Thu Oct 20, 2011

By both, I mean retirees as well as young children. Preferably one that has a pool and club house in Nokomis or Venice. Can anyone help me??

Answers

12
You have wonderful choices and plenty of good answers. BUT, My vote is Lakewood Ranch. All ages and everything to do with every age in mind. Shopping, dining, sports, and close proximity to Tampa airport. Sports complex-soccer, rugby, lacrosse. Private Country and Golf Club, Tennis, Public golf. Private and Public Schools. Business Friendly Environment. First Friday on Main, Saturday Farmers Market. Most important - the people. Check out the websites for all the areas mentioned here. It will save you time and energy. Then review agent websites. All very helpful.
Jim Soda ... TheSodaGroup.com
941-809-7759
Keller Williams Realty Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch
Web Reference: http://www.jimsoda.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 20, 2011
Lots of great answers already Irene! I would also like to suggest Lakewood Ranch to you. Its about 15-20 minutes north of Nokomis but has just about every amenity one could wish for, for all ages! Phenomenal schools, shopping, living, dining, locations, prices, you name it. Close to the beaches, but no requirement for flood insurance, energy efficient homes, all homes are no older than 1996. I could go on and on. Perhaps you want to check out some homes here: http://www.rentbuysellsarasota.com/category/lakewood-ranch/
If you still prefer to stay closer to Nokomis, I really like the Sorrento Woods neighborhood. Nice location and large homes for not too steep prices.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 20, 2011
When you check into gated communities, make sure you inquire about CCD fees. Not all communities mention that fee up front. It is an addition/separate from HOA fees. Sometimes included into the property taxes, and usually quite hgh.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011
Aren't Grandparents wonderful?! I cannot wait until I get to be one myself. You have specified wonderful areas in which to raise your Grandchild. Open spaces, close to the beaches, Oscar Schear State Park, and wonderful schools and activities for children. I like the area because you can easily get to afterschool activities without long drives. At this point you will need to associate yourself with a Realtor who is familiar with the neighborhoods, yes but there are so many more issues, in this market, that need to be addressed. In order to not only find the best home for your needs, but to also educate and guide you through the transaction process all the way to closing a Realtor you can relate to is imperative. Please contact me directly so we can itemize the specific criteria that you feel will provide you, and your loved ones, the perfect home in which to grow and prosper.

Faye Doyle, LLC
GRI: Graduate Real Estate Institute
CDPE: Certified Distressed Property Expert
ABR: Accredited Buyer's Representative
WCR: Woman's Council of Realtors
TRC: Transnational Referral Certification
e-PRO®: Certification Internet Professionalism
Coldwell Banker Downtown
100 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236
Fax: 941-364-8740
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Website: http://www.FayeDoyle.com
Hello Irene,
You have a wealth of knowledge here with all these wonderful agents at your disposal. I would recommend contacting an agent that you feel comfortable with based on their response, and go from there.
Congratulations on your retirement, you have so much to look forward to. Moving to sunny Florida, raising your grand daughter, what a wonderful chapter in your life.
I wish you and your family all the best.

Jen Babacan
Galleria International Realty
jenbabacan@live.com
Cell (954) 648-7334
In addition to The Isles at Palmer Ranch, I'd suggest both Rivendell and Willow Bend in Nokomis. These are newer communities with families and amenities. Call me at 941-349-6465 for a personal consultation.
Hi Irene,

Liivng in Nokomis myself I recommend Stoneybrook in Venice, because of the multiple opportunities for children. It is a Lennar Community with homes for every need. I did virtual tours for that community and can e-mail you, whatever size of home you require. On my website http://www.WernerUntrieser.com you can locate resale homes in Stoneybrook by yourself. Don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail info@2Sarasota.com or phone 941-356-6580.

Kind Regards

Werner Untrieser
Broker Associate, CRS, CIPS, GRI, TRC, SFR
Web Reference: http://werneruntrieser.com
Hi!

There are a number of communities in Venice and the surrounding area that could possibly be a perfect fit for you and your granddaughter. One community is Island Walk. Beautiful community with club house, bike/walk paths and other amenities.

When you decide to personally look in the Venice area, I would recommend taking 3 - 4 days to look at real estate and become familiar with the area and the local schools.

Thank you.

Beverly S. Clark, Realtor
Prudential Florida Realty
941-320-9800
Hello, Irene.

I live and work in Venice, so I am very familiar with the area, including Nokomis.

What a treat to have your granddaughter in your lives, full time. I am certain that it is hard work, but also big fun. Good for you.

I would agree that a community with a pool and active clubhouse would be a good fit for all of you.

FYI, most "active adult communities," like a 55+ or 65+, do not normally provide for children as young as 6 to live there full time.

For example, in Venetian Falls, a wonderful 55+ community, you must be 18 or over to be a full time resident.

Golf course communities can be a good fit - do you golf? How do you feel about Home Owners Association fees? Golf course communities can be RICH in amenities and activities, but sometimes their fees are higher, to pay for that. They can be as little as the low $200's per month for, say, Pelican Pointe, a bit more for Sawgrass, or around $300 per month for Venetian Golf & River. Let me know what your budget for monthly expenses could comfortably absorb and I can make further recommendations, if you like the idea of living in a golf course community.

For non-golf course communities with pools, and a balance of all ages, I would suggest considering: Stoneybrook, Lakes of Jacaranda, The Enclaves, Meadow Run and Valencia Lakes. Homes in these neighborhoods vary in price and HOA fees, averaging around $100 per month, plus or minus, depending on the community.

I would say - make a wish list in terms of budget, number of bedrooms and baths, private pool or not, garage size (to help store your toys and your granddaughters!), gated or not, and that will help you to focus into one of these, or other, locations.

Then, grab a good Realtor and go out and take a look, particularly on weekends, when more people (and kids) are home and moving about the neighborhood and club houses.

Good luck and best wishes to you. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Hello Irene,

Stoneybrook at Venice is a wonderful community that has a very diverse population with retirees to younger couples with children of all ages. The community offers a beautiful heated pool and spa, tennis, volley ball and basketball courts, inline skating rink, ball field, clubhouse with fitness center, event room, kitchen, library, movie room, and an onsite full-time activities director. Schools are nearby as is shopping, and downtown Venice and beaches are just minutes away. Many homes are now decorated for Halloween, and prizes are awarded for the best decorated homes during the Christmas Holiday. People are neighborly and helpful with one another. How do I know these things? I'm a very happy resident here and I 've helped many people buy and sell in this community.

There are a variety of homestyles with prices from under $200,000 to $300,000+ including re-sales and new construction. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Stoneybrook at Venice is definitely a community for you to see!

Theresa Brown
Broker Associate
Michael Saunders & Company
110 Nokomis Avenue North
Venice, FL 34285
Direct: 941-350-5005
Irene,
If you want to check out our real estate site - http://www.greenlionrealty.com - it provides you with a list of communities by area, description of the community, photos and listings within each community. We have both Nokomis and Venice listed.

If you see something that interests you, I can send you additional information on the home or community. If I can be of further help, let me know.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
Irene,
If you want to check out our real estate site - http://www.greenlionrealty.com - it provides you with a list of communities by area, description of the community, photos and listings within each community. You can also check out our other web site http://www.tropicalfloridaproperty.com. It lists communities and descriptions as well. We have both Nokomis and Venice listed.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185