We are going to be in the Raleigh area the week before Thanksgiving. We would like to see this property.

Asked by Boyd And Loretta Howard, Augusta, GA Thu Nov 13, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1048610647-1405-Savannah-Oaks…

Answers

8
Erica McClen…, , Raleigh, NC
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Welcome to the area...hopefully! There are many great Realtors who can help you take a look at this home. I wanted to mention that there are some great buys on foreclosures very close to this home. In Wakefield (about 5 mins drive) from the home you selected, there's some SOLID buys with equity in another wonderful neighborhood.

I'm happy to review my VIP Home buyer program with you via a web meeting. It saves you time before you're in town...you need to know what service any Realtor provides!

Have a safe trip and I'm here if you need me.

Erica McClenny
Broker/Sales Manager @ eRealty
o) 919-844-4686
erica@triangleliving.com
Joe Ward, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Boyd & Loretta

Question 1: This home is for Rent and Sale are you looking to Buy or Rent? $459,900 sale and $2600 rent. I ask this because in my professional opinion in our current market only A and some B+ properties are selling. We have a large inventory of home currently on the market. If you are renting for a year then this is a great listing.

That being said I agree with Wendy that we are a stable to appreciating market our average negotiation is 2-3%. I hear so many people coming from other parts of the country talking about offering 50-75 cents on the dollar and as a good and experienced agent I have to tell them they are being unrealistic.

As for lenders we have Wells Fargo in our office and they would be more than happy to help you on the lending side. Larry Mitchell can be reached at 800-526-7383.

Now to this property at 1405 Savannah Oaks. I have showed most of these home in this neighborhood when they were being built several years ago. This is what we refer to as a one street fill-in neighborhood. The largest concern I have is this is not an "A" home but because of location and lot type it is probably a "B-" home at best. In a sellers market this home would sell as do most of our home that are priced right and have a good curb appeal but in today's market this home will probably sit it is sad to say. The home back to a major set of transmission line for the power company. This does give you some nice privacy but is definitely harder to sell down the road.

If it is schools you are looking for our new 3 year school assignments come out tomorrow morning at 9 am, if it is location for work there are lots of homes in this price range in the general area. I would be happy to sort through a list and send you my top picks for location and value.

I would be happy to spend some time the week of Thanksgiving. Right now I have Monday and Tuesday free and some availability later Friday and possibly Saturday.

Preston Miller
Broker, REALTOR®, MBA, e-Pro
Real Estate Specialist/Managing Partner
the Joe Ward team

919.523.1528 Direct Line
919.846.3206 Main Office
919.573.9329 Fax

I am never too busy for your family, friends and referrals!
Web Reference:  http://www.JoeWard.net
Michael Colv…, Agent,
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Hi Boyd and Loretta
I would be happy to show you this property, please email the days you will be here and we will set up a time that fits both our schedule's.
colvinm@hpw.com
Michael
Web Reference:  http://www.colvinm.hpw.com
Wendy Norman, , Raleigh, NC
Thu Nov 13, 2008
Hello Boyd and Loretta,

I'm not sure if you can tell by the photos (depending on the site you're using to search), but the home also has a screened-in porch. The original owners had a sale price of $441,500 a few years ago (and home values in that area of Raleigh tend to appreciate at a fairly steady rate). I have friends that live in the nearby Bedford Subdivision not to far away from this particular area. Here's a link to the MLS information about the home for you to look over. Feel free to let me know if you have questions http://trianglemls.mlxtempo.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=70543881…

Before looking at homes, it's important that you've already met with a lender to either get pre-qualified or pre-approved for the price range of the homes you're interested in taking a look at. If you need to touch base with a lender locally, I have a few names of lenders that I work with on a regular basis. With the recent tightening of lending guidelines and because it makes sense on a business level, most potential buyers need to have a pre-qualification letter at a minimum before going to see homes in areas of interest...that way the seller knows that the person is not only interested in seeing the home but also is qualified to purchase it if they decide it's the right home for them.

What in particular attracted you to this home? Do you have family and friends in the area nearby or was it other amenities that the home has that attracted you to it? I'm not sure how many people are in your family, but I can also give you information about the public school system here as well as a little insight since I was a teacher in the Raleigh area for quite a few years.

Before you begin working with an agent, it's important to know that in NC, all agents represent the sellers unless a verbal or written agreement is reached with the prospective buyer(s). Here's a link to information that explains the different types of agency representation that consumers may choose from:
http://www.fmrealty.com/site/fmessenger/WorkingWithRealEstat…

Buyer's agency in NC is typically free as the seller pays the commission, so if you're looking for a buyer's agent who's relocation certified, I would love a chance to earn (and keep) your business. Please feel free to email me via my website link below if I can help. Have a wonderful day!
Jesse B. Dal…, , Raleigh, NC
Thu Nov 13, 2008
Boyd and Loretta- This truly is a beautiful home and is in a great area. If you have some extra time while the two of you are in the area, we can certainly sit down and discuss what you are looking for in a home and see if there are any other possibilities that meet your criteria. I would be happy to assist you in any way possible. You can contact me or my partner via my link to the side of this answer or by going to our website (listed below). Best of luck with your travels!
Web Reference:  http://www.daltonpowell.com
Roger Kenney, , 27518
Thu Nov 13, 2008
Boyd & Loretta,
Ann and I would be happy to show you this home as wel as any others that match your criteria.
We woud ike to set a time aside before we start ooking at homes to discuss what your needs are for rea estate and to establish mutual trust and rapport between all of us.Please indicate a convenient time to call both of you and your preferred phone number.

Regards
Roger Kenney
Craig Fox, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Nov 13, 2008
I'd also be happy to assist you. Please see my webpage and contact me if interested.

Craig.
Lizete Santos, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu Nov 13, 2008
Hi Boyd & Loretta,

I'd be happy to show you the property.
Feel free to contact me so we may coordinate a time and day that is convenient for you.

Lizete
Web Reference:  http://www.LizeteSantos.com