WHAT IS THE PROPERTY WORTH TODAY?

Asked by Tom Bousman, Garden Grove, CA Fri Feb 20, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Garden_Grove/sold/208…

Answers

4
Jeremy Lehman, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Fri Feb 20, 2009
Hi Tom, If I were to list your home, assuming average condition, I would expect a sales price of $375000-$400000.

Although this might run slightly higher than price per sq foot for our area, with the exception of the homes located on Joyzelle, this is a great neighborhood. The problem is many buyers do not realize that. To get this price you will have to create a lot of traffic to your home so buyers can see the area and realize it's not like most other neighborhoods in central Garden Grove. The toughest sales comp is just on the other side of Gilbert, on Joyzelle, a home recently sold for $350,000 that was in below average condition, and there are some other REO's on the market locally for the same price as well. Even though they are not really like comparisons, buyers are flocking to these homes instead, and seeing more value in them.

I grew up in and still live in this nieghborhood myself, near Gilbert School, so I obviously know the area well. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeremy Lehman
Century 21 Beachside
(714)580-3274
Jeremy@LehmanHomes.net
Dave Osborne, Agent, Orange, CA
Fri Feb 20, 2009
Hi Tom. As you know, Garden Grove is very unique in that home prices can fluctuate as much as a 100K from one block to the next....especially this area. Some of the ones on Orangewood and Magnolia are selling for 300K while a block down on Gilbert, they are selling for $600K-1 Mil.

Did you know those 3 homes right on the corner of Magnolia and Chapman sold for $650K on average within the last year?

As a local neighbor (I'm just a few blocks south of there), I keep a vigilant watch on home prices in this area and am very dialed in to what the values are. While it is easy to throw out numbers, it is still important to be mindful of things like condition, location and upgrades. I will be happy to email you a free Market Valuation. It will give you a good idea of the price range that home would fall in. There is no cost for this report nor obligation. Just drop me a line at daveo@theocmls.com or call me at 714-349-5454 and I will shoot it over to you ASAP.

Thanks and have a great day.
Web Reference:  http://www.TheOCmls.com
Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Fri Feb 20, 2009
Hi Tom,

A quick comparative analysis shows that single family homes in that neighborhood sold for about $252/square foot for an average of $371,119 sales price. That's since September 1st. Obviously this is just a ballpark...but I hope it helps.

If you would like to see the listings I used for this...as well as any other comparables, shoot me an email and I'll send them to you.

Karen
Maryann Hard…, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Fri Feb 20, 2009
Hi Tom,
Send me your email and I will send you some comparables for the area. I live in and know the Garden Grove area.
Web Reference:  http://sellingochomes.net