WE HAVE A LEAN ON OUR HOME FROM LOAN WE PAYED OFF IN 1979 FOR 23,000 HOW CAN WE CLEAR THIS UP

Asked by Jkjk, 94546 Tue Jun 5, 2012

Answers

5
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Aug 7, 2012
If you are in escrow, your title officer can walk you through the specific steps related to the specific type of lien you have on your home. If you are not yet in escrow, have a pre-escrow opened with a local title company and then ask them to assist you.
.
Suzanne Baker, Agent, Mammoth, CA
Wed Jun 6, 2012
What type of lien is it? In order to offer advice, I need to know how the lien was placed.
we borrow 23,000 from robert menely re or non revokeable trust when we bought home paid off but found it had not been removed
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
Cindy Cerrudo, Agent, Castro valley, CA
Wed Jun 6, 2012
What type of lean? If its a loan the bank should have reconveyed. Go back the bank. If its a different type of lean (child support) go back to the attorney.
Laura Rivera, Agent, Castro Valley, CA
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Did you get a title search to your property, and that's how you found out there was a lien that was supposedly been paid off?
Go to the Alameda County Recorder's office and show them that title search and find out how you can get that lien removed.
Did you ever receive a Deed of Release and Reconveyance document showing it was paid? Take that to the recorder's office too when you go. Good luck!
What kind of lien was it? Ask the title company who is handling your refi, and how they can help you remove it, they have a way of tracking down if it was recorded. Also, did you have proof that it was paid off?
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
found lien when try to refi do we still need title search never got a deed of release and reconveyance showing paid off can alameda county recorder office help us do we need real estate law do we need a bond will all this cost alot thank you
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
Lluvia Marti…, Agent, Orange, CA
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Just contact them and ask them for a copy of the Reconveyance. It was probably never recorded
Also when I mentioned fees" with Today's rates there is no cost on top of your current loan nor any outofpocket expenses when you refinance. Let me know
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
What about the Company that recorded the lien, Title (through the Refinance process) should be able to obtain any contact information and help you out in obtaining the Reconveyance from them. If you have proof your paid, did you receive the Satisfaction or Paid in full letter from them? that Can be also used but not as the Reconvayance document. Have Title search it through your Loan Process. If you need Loan Assistance I can help with your Refinance needs, We'll open Escrow and Title, the fees are the same as a regular transaction they extra work on clearing title is their job and part of customer service. Let me know if I can help.
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
we had wanted to refi and found lien never got copy of reconveyance who do we contact no one seen to have records thank you
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012