Gilberto, Other/Just Looking in Miami, FL

Transferring ownership of mortgage in a divorce.

Asked by Gilberto, Miami, FL Tue Jun 22, 2010

Going thru a divorce and would like to "deed" the house, and the mortgage responsibility, to my wife. Assuming she cannot otherwise refinance in her
name, is this possible?

Answers

14
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Has anyone here heard of inter spousal transfer deed? A couple of co workers have told me they've used it , successfully, to transfer the property along with the mortgage. It sounds too good to be true, but they have no reason to lie to me.
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Gilberto, , Miami, FL
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Tue Jun 22, 2010
This is a matter that needs to be addressed to the Mortgagee (lender). They not be willing to release a signer - there is too much risk involved..
Dave Griswol…, Agent, Bridgewater, NJ
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Gilberto, You will be responsible for the mortgage if your soon to be ex doesn't pay it. So doing a quit claim deed is not recommended unless you trust her completely and even then we wouldn't do it, however thats just our opinion. Go and check with your Lawyer as Lisa B. has said ASAP. If she can't assume or get a mortgage on her own the only other thing to do is sell it, or you keep it.
all the best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference:  http://www.urhomerealty.net
Lisa Quinter, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Gilberto:

If I were you, I would get my mortgage papers out . . . march them down to my attorney and let them advise you. There is nothing wrong with quit claiming a home, however, you do want to be VERY CAREFUL as to what you agreed to when you received the loan and signed the mortgage.

Lisa M. Brodeur
Alliance Realty
(954) 868-1416
lmbrealtycorp@aol.com
http://www.AllianceRealtyFlorida.com