This is the first time I"ve checked San Simeon area....it seems really nice. I've been looking into Pismo

Asked by Gayle, San Luis Obispo County, CA Sun Apr 12, 2009

and Grover Beach etc and wondered how San Simeon compares...can you assist me with the differences ie: prices, weather, etc...must go there and check it out personally. Thank you, Gayle

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1075832193-9373-Jasper-Ave-Sa…

Answers

1
Sonsie Conroy, Agent, San Luis Obispo, CA
Tue Jan 5, 2010
Beachfront property in either area will be quite expensive...not so much moving a bit inland. South County beach weather is generally a bit warmer and less foggy than in the San Simeon area. The population of GB is quite a bit larger, with more options for buying condos, homes, or lots. San Simeon is virtually the last stop before Hearst Castle, and much more rural in quality. There are fewer residential areas, and fewer homes for sale.

Both are charming in their own way. Grover Beach is more "citified," there's more to do (restaurants, movie houses, shopping, etc.). San Simeon is a lovely little village tucked away on a beautiful coastline, with a longer commute, fewer options for shopping and entertainment, etc.

You'll really have to visit both and spend some time in each one to see which suits you better.