This house says it had been winterized. My dad says this means it has been foreclosed. Now who owns it?

Asked by Emily, 13901 Sun Apr 19, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_York/Binghamton/sold/2017347…

Answers

1
Tina Knapp R…, Agent, Binghamton, NY
Sat Nov 14, 2009
Hello Emily.

When a house is winterized, it is not an indicator of the house being in foreclosure. A house is typically winterized when the homeowner will not be occupying the property and doesn't wish to keep the heat on over the cooler winter months.

Winterizing the home prevents pipes from breaking in cold weather. In the case where a house is foreclosed by a bank, it is possible that they would have the house winterized to protect their asset, since the homeowners would no longer be living there.

Kindly let me know if you are still interested in this property (or others.) I would be happy to assist you in finding a home.

Tina Knapp Ryan
Real Estate Broker, NY & PA