Nancy, Other/Just Looking in Mechanicsville, VA

The realtor listing this house claims that the owner does not have a plat. The parcel number is Parcel:

Asked by Nancy, Mechanicsville, VA Sun Feb 1, 2009

8718-00-2012. A plat is available on the Hanover County VA gis page. As an adjacent property owner, I am concerned they are misrepresenting this property. The house is on 10 acres, but it sits about 35 feet from my property line. Most of the acreage of this property is unusable. How can I be sure the realtor isn't telling buyers that my property is part of this house's yard? The house is sited so poorly, I don't think anyone would buy it if they knew they have no back yard and the majority of their property is a drainage ditch.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1042734723-7476-Pine-Ridge-Rd…

Answers

2
David Swaffo…, , 23116
Wed Jan 26, 2011
My house is in Ash Creek. There are no 10 acre lots. Not sure about the PLAT thing.
Frank Bigans…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Mon Feb 2, 2009
Nancy,

I can understand your concerns but as an agent, although I myself would have taken the extra steps to produce a GIS map to prospective buyers, I would also state *in writing* on the map that the GIS map *is not* a true and legal plat survey - only a licensed surveyor can produce such a document. So therefore, the seller does not have a true plat to provide.

It also appears the property is bank owned and if that’s the case, the bank probably does not have a plat, but I would imagine they would require the property to be surveys prior to closing.

But don’t worry if the agent is misrepresenting the property, as I highly doubt they are. Just keep an eye of the property and when you see it go under contract, look for those survey markers as they will determine and show where the property lines truly are.

Frank Biganski, Realtor