Ernestina, Home Owner in 95355

Someone has changed the locks on my home, but I have no idea who. How can I find out who has my home, I've not received any notices.?

Asked by Ernestina, 95355 Sun Dec 11, 2011

We have been trying to work with Bank of America for a year now to acquire a loan modification. Now someone has changed the locks on our home and I have no idea what's going on. We've received no notices or letters.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Who were you working with on your loan mod? Or were you trying to work out the mod on your own. Sounds like someone really dropped the ball. I can't believe the bank would just arbitrarily just change out your locks without first advising you. Make sure that the bank followed proper protocol. Here's a link to the California Foreclosure process: Take the time to peruse it and if you feel you have not been dealt with fairly I wouldn't hesitate to contact an experienced foreclosure attorney.

California Foreclosure Laws

Attorney General's Office
1515 K Street, Suite 511
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244-2550
Ph: (916) 445-9555
Fax:(916) 324-5205
Civil law division: (916) 324-5431

Foreclosure Laws in California
0 votes
Rocky G.H. H…, Agent, Ripon, CA
Mon Dec 12, 2011
You may have just went through a foreclosure. Reach out to B of A and you can also check the Stanislaus County Tax Assessor to view ownership information

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 Direct
(209) 433-2000 Fax
License No. 01468373
0 votes
CJ Brasiel, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Ernestina -

If the lender or HOA feel the home has been abandoned they will change the locks to protect the property. Contact your lender and HOA (if applicable) to find out why they changed the locks. If have not been foreclosed upon, you have every right to change the locks back. In other words, if the home is still in your name, you have the right to enter the home and protect yourself.

If you don't get answers and resolutions in a timely manner, contact legal aide or an real estate attorney in your area to help you.…

Also try - Keep Your Home California web site - here is the site and the Modesto Contact

Home Loan Counseling Center Julian Aguirre, Housing Counselor City Mall- Modesto
948 11th Street Suite 11-B Modesto 95354 (209) 872-9685

Good luck,
Web Reference:
0 votes
Nirvail Singh, Agent, Modesto, CA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Its sad to hear.

In this situation, it is always good to contact Bank of America and inquire about any trustee sale dates posted by the bank? I think this would help you to actually know that is there any role of bank in this.

Please post an update on Trulia after you contact the bank about this matter. So may be we may help in some way.

If you have any real estate need please call me at 209-595-3391.


Harpreet Singh
Broker Officer
Western Singh Homes
CA DRE # 01853724
Ph: 209-595-3391
Fax: 209-633-4619
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Nearby Locations

Email me when…

Learn more