Property Q&A in Chabot Park>Question Details

Thomaslcamer…, Home Owner in Oakland, CA

Since one can see from the photos that the home is on three levels, has a three car garage, and I have noted before that is 6 bedrooms, 4 1/2 baths, w

Asked by Thomaslcameron, Oakland, CA Thu Mar 28, 2013

Why all the errors?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Oakland/sold/1859288-…

Answers

1
What you didn't notice is that the data system was populated from "Public Records" which implies that the local building authorities know of 5, not 6 bedrooms. There may be 17 bedrooms physically and that matters but what matters more are the number of bedrooms approved by local government.

When the physical count differs from the 'Public Record" count the buyer should investigate and may possibly find a bedroom was added without permits. If you are the buyer, you'd want to know that, wouldn't you?

I counsel my clients to compare the two and discuss matters of concern with local authorities. I suggest you engage a good agent before making decisions.