Public record on my condo in LA shows as sold even though it is not - Help appreciated

Asked by Kaplan123, Fremont, CA Thu Jan 10, 2013

Few days back when I looked at my property's record on zillow, It showed as been sold on a certain date and I almost got a heart attack. I consulted my mortgage company and they looked at some records and found that another unit in my condo complex got sold on that date whose AIN is just next to mine and title company incorrectly used my property's AIN on 2nd page of that sale transaction. I contacted the title company that made the mistake and I am not getting correct answers. They keep on telling my deed need to be updated to set things back to normal. Itseemed totally illogical. Any one faced such an isue and how did they get it corrected. How can I get the public record straight on my property and can I take any legal action on the title company for using my property AIN for some other transaction and causing me all the stress/hassle.

Answers

3
Kaplan123, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Thanks Janey and cp. Your help much appreciated.
Janey Bishop, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Find out who the specific title officer for the property that was sold and speak to them directly. It requires paperwork to fix with the county recorder/assessor. It will be fixed but ask the title officer to verify the paperwork is in process and you will be advised when it ts completed.

It is frustrating but sounds like human error. Better you caught it now then when you had an impending transaction.
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Thu Jan 10, 2013
I suggest you set up a meeting with the Title company, bring your records and get the item resolved.