Other than a termite report,chimney,physical inspection,and electrical report what OTHER reports would realtors suggest during insp cont?

Asked by A M, Los Angeles, CA Tue Mar 12, 2013

What other investigations or reports would you suggest during physical inspection report for a 1990 condo?

Answers

2
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Tue Mar 12, 2013
I agree with cp - you should definetly investigate HOA documents and financial statement to make sure they stein good standing and have enought reserves and there are no upcoming assessments and/or letigations.
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Building is not too old, but you might check for moisture in walls which leads to mold in the walls. Not very likely however.
One thing I would suggest in buying a condo however is to check the association's financial records. Does it have a reserve for:
1. Re-roofing
2. Exterior painting
The building is now 23 years old, re-roofing and painting are likely necessary soon and if the association does not have a reserve a special assessment to all owners will be the only way to pay.