My name is on the deed can my husband put me out or make me move out and i have 4 children that are teens 18,17,16,14 ?

Asked by The1hasit, Erie, PA Sat May 14, 2011

Name On Home Deed But Not Mortgage

Answers

4
K, , Mount Lebanon, PA
Wed Aug 24, 2011
no. if you name is on the deed then your part owner and in the state of pa, its half to the spouse anyhow, even if your name was not on the deed, but smart of you to be add yourself!
Beth Masland, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Sat May 14, 2011
Hello Erie homeowner, It is important for you to get legal advice from a lawyer - in your situation PA divorce law may be as important as Real Estate law. If your name is on the deed, I believe your husband cannot force you out without a court order, but I caution you to get legal advice. Now, if you behind on your mortgage or tax payments that is a different story. The bank or the taxing entity can force you out for non-payment - after following specific rules for providing notices and other legal processes. Again - consult a local lawyer - or find your local legal aid person. Call the county courthouse and see if they can assist you in finding affordable legal advice.
Bob Pfister, Agent, Erie, PA
Sun May 15, 2011
Hello, as the other two agents have answered, your first job is to call your attorney, assuming you have one by now. They can help you weave your way through the legalities of what is taking place. Good Luck
Web Reference:  http://www.bobmoves.com
Benny Smith, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun May 15, 2011
If you are asking this question you have not seen a lawyer and you need too. With or without your name on the deed you have rights but those rights depend on you taking that first real step of getting with a good lawyer. I recommend interviewing at least two and if need be a third. Best of luck