Property Q&A in San Antonio>Question Details

Sallyb, Home Owner in San Antonio, TX

My husband and I are interested in building our own home in San Antonio, or a nearby location. We plan to pre-purchase the land with our savings.

Asked by Sallyb, San Antonio, TX Fri Jun 15, 2012

Answers

1
Jason Campbell’s answer
Ok... I can make this easy for you... I used to do a ton of interim construction financing with a bunch of builders in San Antonio on the loan side... So I might be uniquely qualified to help you on this one..

Depending on the price of your entire project.. a good builder will usually come in between $60 to $80 per square foot.. If you want a really amazing finishout that is "show room" ready... that will range you between $80 and $150 per square foot.

Before you buy the land... I would really want to meet with you and get a solid idea of what you are looking for, and then go visit some builders, walk their model homes, go over floor plans, etc..

You will want to get your financing done before you buy the land... it will make the process a bunch easier, and will also help me to get you a much better deal on the land as well... trust me!

There is a ton to go over, and a lot of details I would like to go over with you, and then we can start looking at some builders and see who wins the battle of "Price for nice" ;)

Give me a call when you have about 10 min to talk on the phone.. and have a pen and paper handy...

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExper.com