My home has been listed since 9/14/09. Its in a real nice area near city ave and fairmount park. I don't feel like my agent is doing enough to

Asked by Nej, Philadelphia, PA Thu Oct 29, 2009

promote my home. Can I change agents within the same company. Should I complain to the broker?

Answers

9
Kelly Gidzin…, Agent, Newtown Sqiuare, PA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Hi Nej,

Your agent probably gave you a marketing plan when she listed your home and if she isn't doing the items on that list, then I would talk to her about it if you haven't already. Talking with your agent about your concerns could shed light on something you may not have been aware of.

Assuming you've already spoken to the agent and there is still not the performance you expected, then you can speak with the broker of record at the office and request another agent. I would interview a few agents from the office rather than just having one assigned to you. Go over your concerns with the broker and ask for three recommendations. When you interview the agents be sure to carefully review their marketing plans and discuss with them the kinds of things you would like done. If you are still unsatisfied your listing contract will tell you at what point or conditions are required for you to terminate the contract .

Create a Great Day!

Kelly Gidzinski
Realtor & Certified EcoSociate by EcoBroker
Keystone Property Connections, LLC
Web Reference:  http://www.yourlifemoves.com
Karen Rice, Agent, Hawley, PA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
What exactly is your agent doing? How quickly are other homes going under contract in your area? How are you priced compared to your competition? Did your agent provide you with a list of comparables (actives, solds, pendings, and expireds) when you listed?

How is the curb appeal on your home? Clutter? Does it smell (cigarettes, mildew, pets)? How modern is it compared to other selling homes in your area?

What more do you want your agent to do that isn't being done?

Why don't you want to discuss it with the agent and just go to the broker? Maybe the agent can shed some light on the situation. Why not call the agent first?
Scott Maritz…, Agent, Bryn Mawr, PA
Sun Jun 19, 2011
Nej, I hope you have found a buyer or worked out the relationship with your agent?

I live in the 19151 zip code so email me your address and any future questions you might have. Goodluck.

Scott Maritzer
Prudential Fox & Roach
The Sivel Group
Email: scott.maritzer@prufoxroach.com
Nej, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Oct 30, 2009
I am thankful for all your helpful advice. I just feel that my agent could communicate with me a little more. Also, when I have a showing to contact me prior. i just feel that the level of professionalism is low. I will have a conversation with my agent and try to resolve the issues that I am having as it pertains to my home. The last home sold in my area for 200,000. The listing prices range from 180,000-2000,000, excluding the prices of the high-rise condo that is on the same road. I would like her promote me internet sites, newspapers, and other agents as it is stated in my contract. I am a little disappointed and frustrated.
Edmund Choi, Agent, Paoli, PA
Fri Oct 30, 2009
Miscommunication of expectations usually results into these failed relationships. Perhaps a conversation with the agent's broker could resolve your situation. If the outcome of the conversation doesn't result in improved performance results, then you'll need to assess your options.
Carol Cei, Agent, Maple Glen, PA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Hello, Nej,

Did your agent give you a Marketing Plan? Was it guaranteed? Did he give you the option of cancelling the listing if he did not do what was promised?

Unfortunately, too many people sign on the bottom line and are sorry after. Words are empty promises if not backed up by contracts in writing. Next time, get a performance contract from your listing agent that allows him to be FIRED if he doesn't perform the services that he promises. And.........make sure that you will get plenty of exposure on lots of internet sites. Did you know that ReMax sells 3 times as many homes as any other company? Would you like to get a free "market snapshot" of your area showing all of the sales and listing activity? If "yes", just go to http://www.carolworks4you.com and it will be sent directly to your email address.

Good Luck

Carol Cei
ReMax Millennium
215-643-9661
carolcei@remax.net
Michael Cohen, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Get inolved with the sale, check the pictures, and verbage, ask friends and neighbors if they know anyone that is looking for a home in your area. Finally, make sure you are priced to sell
good luck with your sale Michael P Cohen
Amanda Saund…, Agent, Chestnut Hill, PA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
One thing also: have examples ready for your agent of what you expect!
Amanda Saund…, Agent, Chestnut Hill, PA
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Hmmmm. Tough one. I would have an upfront conversation with your agent and be honest. Depending on how long your contract is (normally 180 days), you should be able to get out of the contract at that point.