Roshan1, Other/Just Looking in Libertyville, IL

My future employer relocation person is saying that our KS home may not qualify for employer based home owner package as we are not living there now

Asked by Roshan1, Libertyville, IL Sat Nov 14, 2009

In July 08 we moved from KS to IL due to job change and started renting in IL. We own a home in KS since 2000 we tried to sell it for six monthsfrom Aug 08 - Feb 09 as we relocated to IL. We then rented the house from April 2009 (lease ending March 2010). To our name we had all utility bills (March 09), bank info (still is), drivers license of KS (Nov 08). Now I am offered a job in NC with relocation package. My future employer relocation person is saying that our KS home may not qualify for employer based home owner package (they will pick up the selling & purchasing closing cost and if house doesn't get sold in 6 months then they will buy it. We have 12 months to complete the relocation) since it is not our primary residence at the time of my joining date of Dec 2009. My question is do I need to relocate my family back to KS home when renters leave in March 2010 for my KS house to be qualified for employer home relocation package ? Or before the start date of Dec 2009?