My father died 2 yrs ago.He was remarried .his wife just passed away.How do I find out who is to get property?

Asked by Serina, Alabama Sun Feb 1, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Sun Feb 1, 2009
By Louisiana law, the default maybe to the siblings...but you really need to see what the will says and how it pertains to your father's intent and several other items that an attorney that specializes in such situations needs to help you with.

Email me and I can get you the names of some attorneys that have alot of experience with this...two whose offices are Uptown, and another with an office in the CBD.

It is very important to get an attorney who understands this part of the law...and only an attorney needs to be giving you the bottom line for your particular situation.

If your father's residence/the property was in Alabama, I can put you on to a really good attorney in Mobile to help you.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sun Feb 1, 2009
That is a question for the attorney taking care of the estate or the will. If there is no will it will have to be filed in probate and therefore you will need an attorney. First check to see if there is a will, second check to see if there is an attorney appointed to handle the will and you will probabily want to seek the advice of your own attorney to protect your interests. good luck
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more