My divorce was final August 07 when will I be considered a "first time homebuyer?

Asked by Judi Ehlers, Aurora, CO Tue Feb 17, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/mortgage/calculator/payment/property/1…

Answers

3
Mark Kinslow…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Tue Feb 17, 2009
The term first time home buyer is refering to someone who has not had a ownership interest in a property for the past 3 years. Therefore if you have not had your name on the deed to a property for the past 3 years. You should speak to a lender, and a tax professional as the main reason to be a first time buyer is for the Tax credits and they have great ways to show you if you are, or are not a first time buyer. I hope this helps.
The Kinslow…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Tue Feb 17, 2009
Hello Judi,

As far as I know a first time buyer is someone who hasn't owned a home in the past three years, but I am not a lender. Let me give you the number to the person who can answer your question immediately, Blase at Freedom Financial 303-680-0633. Blase has helped many of our Buyers with First Time Buyer and Down Payment Assistance Programs. If you can't qualify as a First Time Buyer, you may just qualify for one of the other programs. Good Luck to you and I hope you find your new home soon!

Sandy
Kendra, , Jefferson County, CO
Tue Feb 17, 2009
It depends if you were on the original loan before. If you are looking at buying a home for the first time you are a first time home buyer now and might be eligable for down payment assistance programs or down payment programs. I do alot with first time home buyers and $100 down programs, grants, etc. I would love to speak with you and give you all of the details about each program. If you are not considered a first time home buyer, there are other programs out there that can be helpful for financial aid as well.

You can reach me at (720) 434-6432, Kendra Lanterman

I hope to talk with you soon and clarify the confusion with first time home buyer programs...