Must the over 55 owner reside in the bldg or may a family member under 55 live there of the owner is over 55

Asked by Marybell, Miami Shores, FL Mon Dec 29, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/41321434-2150-Sans-Souci-Blvd…

Answers

4
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Dec 30, 2008
Marybell,

These guidelined vary from association to association, so the best source for accurate information is the HOA itself.

Our recommendation is to be certain to have a clear understanding of your community rules prior to making a committment to purchase the property.
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Tue Dec 30, 2008
My understanding is that ANYONE can own the unit, but the people occupying the unit must be 55+

Condominiums do make exceptions under special circumstances- each situation is unique.
Linda Robins…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Tue Dec 30, 2008
You'd have to check with the building "by laws" but there are more of the 55 and over in the areas to the North.
RN, , Miami, FL
Mon Dec 29, 2008
They may vary from building to building, but I have seen a place where a friend of mine under 55 lived in the unit by himself, and it was owned by his mother. I think you would need to read the assocation rules of that particular building to know.