Looking to lease restaurant location in LA Area, new fast food/take out concept, looking for someone to help me move forward, thanks!

Asked by Eric, Los Angeles, CA Mon Oct 18, 2010

I've been combing through loopnet, but think it's time I speak with someone with experience getting these kinds of deals done.

Answers

7
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Jan 17, 2011
Hello Eric, do you know of an idea of what area specifically you would like the restaurant? There are plenty of choices available and rents are very favorable right now. Feel free to contact me anytime, I would love to assist you.

Have a good day,
Heather Paul
Coldwell Banker
(424)625-1037
Paul Sylvest…, Agent, Glendora, CA
Wed Nov 10, 2010
I can assist you in finding a location. I am a CCIM and in the real estate business for 30 years.
Paul Sylvester, CCIM
626 485-5163
Anthony Gale…, , Brentwood Center, Brentwood, CA
Thu Oct 28, 2010
How big is the place you looking for?? and in what part of Los Angeles???
Grant Linsco…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Oct 18, 2010
Hi Eric,

I'd recommend talking with Bruce Seid with KW Commercial at (323) 804-4427. He's very thorough and knows the ins and outs of lease contracts. Also, he will vigorously negotiate for you on key items that many brokers will overlook.

Grant Linscott
323.333.6222 cell
grantlinscottproperty@gmail.com
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Oct 18, 2010
Hi Eric. Take the advice of the agents below but make sure that no matter what!, you are represented by an attorney. Commercial leases are a nightmare. They are long, redundant and in complete favor of the owner/landlord. You have close to -0- rights.

I've done commercial leases and would not let my client sign or initial anything without an experienced attorney to give a summary of the lease. Some leases run 50-60-70 pages. The attorney will give you a 1-2 page highlight summary of important points.

Worth the money, believe me.

GOOD LUCK to you on your new venture!!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
p.s. make sure that if the LL makes you sign personally, it's only for a certain term, say 12 or 24 months. At that time you should be allowed to assign the lease to your corp or LLC with -0- personal liability. You need this in writing, too.
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Oct 18, 2010
Tim Byrne, in my office, not only is a great commercial agent, but he helped his wife locate and secure a space for a very successful in / out restaurant on the Westside. (Made it into Best of LA this year in LA Magazine) Contact him at 310-820-6651.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
http://www.thebremnergroup.com/news/
JD Songstad, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Oct 18, 2010
FIRST ANSWER
Here is the guy I refer all my clients to for all commercial real estate transactions. And he is very experienced in restaurant businesses/restaurant sales & leasing:

Dan Fagan
Commercial Brokers International
11755 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 2380
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Direct 310-943-8543
Cell 310-430-3436
Fax 310-943-8540
Email DFagan@CBIcommercial.com
Web Reference:  http://MrWestside.com