Looking to lease an entire multi-family home or tenement to open as a sober living home. What kind of internest would there be amongst home owners?

Asked by nsheridan80, New Bedford, MA Sun Dec 2, 2012

I am in the beginning phases of opening a sober living home in New Bedford; I am still writing the business plan, gathering letters of intent from referrers and partners. So my big question is if I dot all the i's and cross all the t's how likely would it be for a owner to lease a entire building?

Answers

4
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Check zoning, use a lawyer who has done one before.

I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Also the liability would be great. Contact your attorney and the city.
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
You may need permission from the city or town to do this. You should consult with an attorney familiar in zoning matters.
Steven Al-Hu…, Agent, Longmeadowe, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012

You could lease an entire multi-family house, but it would probably be cheaper and easier to buy your own multi-family house. If you would like help finding what you need I would love to help you. My phone number is (413) 297-1570, and my email is realestatesteven@gmail.com

I look forward to helping you,
Steven Al-Husseini