Looking to lease an entire multi-family home or tenement to open as a sober living home. What kind of internest would there be amongst home owners?

Asked by nsheridan80, New Bedford, MA Sun Dec 2, 2012

I am in the beginning phases of opening a sober living home in New Bedford; I am still writing the business plan, gathering letters of intent from referrers and partners. So my big question is if I dot all the i's and cross all the t's how likely would it be for a owner to lease a entire building?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Check zoning, use a lawyer who has done one before.

I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Also the liability would be great. Contact your attorney and the city.
0 votes
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
You may need permission from the city or town to do this. You should consult with an attorney familiar in zoning matters.
0 votes
Steven Al-Hu…, Agent, Longmeadowe, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012

You could lease an entire multi-family house, but it would probably be cheaper and easier to buy your own multi-family house. If you would like help finding what you need I would love to help you. My phone number is (413) 297-1570, and my email is realestatesteven@gmail.com

I look forward to helping you,
Steven Al-Husseini
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in New Bedford Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more