Property Q&A in Highlands>Question Details

carladd76, Home Buyer in Highlands, NJ

Is this still available?

Asked by carladd76, Highlands, NJ Thu Mar 15, 2012

Optional details about your question

This question is about this property:…

The property is still available. FYI, the assessed value of the property is very close to the asking price which may be a realistic price given that Highlands completed their tax revaluation about a year ago. Short sales are not for everyone and it's important that you understand the process, what a realistic time frame might be (based on what the bank's involvement has been thus far), and the general pros/cons of going that route.

I'm familiar with that block having sold a house there about a year and a half ago. It's located close to the Highlands police department and boro hall. It has a larger lot than many of the surrounding properties.

The home I sold was about the same size but on a smaller lot; it may not have been as updated as this one. That was a bank-owned property and sold for $150,000.

If you have further interest in this house or questions about the short sale process, please let me know. I'm glad to help.

Thomas McCormack
Resources Real Estate
I am not familiar on how a short sale would work.
Flag Fri Mar 16, 2012
Yes, it is still available, but I highly doublt it will sell for that price. Unless a property is "bank approved" on a "short sale" the list price means nothing. This would be a very convuluted transaction.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
732.606.2931 (Cell/Direct)
Yes, it is. Do know that it's a short sale. If you'd like more info, you can contact me.

732/740-8888 (m)