Is this property large enough to put in a garage near the rear parking area?

Asked by Casey Begin, Vassalboro, ME Fri Jul 26, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1060917621-121-Western-Ave-Wa…

Answers

8
Casey Begin, Home Buyer, Vassalboro, ME
Sun Jul 28, 2013
I am ready to buy. I actually will be purchasing a house within 30 days. Which is why I'm on here. Not to waste anyone's time
John Snyder, , Auburn, ME
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Casey......I am not a Realtor. I am advocating that you use one. I will get no profit from this question. I am simply saying that rather than posting your question on line a simple call to the town office would better suit you. If you are not ready to deal with a Realtor then you are probably not ready to buy either.
Casey Begin, Home Buyer, Vassalboro, ME
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Oh and if you look at the website it says "Ask a question about this property" so if you can't handle that I suggest you find a new line of work
Casey Begin, Home Buyer, Vassalboro, ME
Sun Jul 28, 2013
John to tell you the truth, I asked a simple question and you acted like a pompous ass. I'm the customer. Your the sales person. You will Never have my business nor anyone I know. My only wish is that other purchasers don't have to deal with a sales person like you.
John Snyder, , Auburn, ME
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Casey, if you are not interested in doing your own leg work, like calling the town office, or willing to contact a Realtor, then you should be more then willing to listen to all responses. My previous response still stands and it was a good one. Variations differ from town to town and can even differ within a few hundred feet.

Based on your response you expected the owners to see this question. My guess is that they are using a Realtor of their own.

As to remaining silent.....no......sorry......why did you post an open question?
Casey Begin, Home Buyer, Vassalboro, ME
Sat Jul 27, 2013
Sorry John I didn't know and was simply asking a question that I thought the owners may have already thought about. If you don't want to answer it then feel free to remain silent.
Charlene Ham…, Agent, Camden, ME
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Casey,
this home is on a very small lot - .13 acres - so most likely not.

As John mentioned below, whether there is space will be a zoning issue and most towns have at least a 10' setback from side boundaries, but each town is different, so you can't make assumptions.

If you are looking for a home and have questions, it is usually best to find a single realtor to work with. They will have the opportunity to get to know you and what you want. They also have more detailed information than what you will get on Zillow and can point you in the right direction in terms of where you need to go to find answers that pertain to zoning, etc. If you talk to a few realtors and find one you want to work with, I think you will find it makes your buying process a lot easier..

I don't handle properties in that price point in Waterville, but I could certainly recommend some agents to you.. let me know if I can help..
Charlene
John Snyder, , Auburn, ME
Fri Jul 26, 2013
I really do not understand why so many questions like this are asked on line. This is a zoning issue. Have you called the town and asked them? The set back distance varies from town to town. And if you are really interested, you should be dealing with a realtor and not trying to deal with things yourself.

Any answers on here are TRULY speculation. By dealing with a Realtor or through the town, in writing you are protected. Otherwise, you are simply baiting people to give you an answer that may come back to bite them.